GEPIK Teaching Jobs in Korea - Teaching Jobs in Korea
GEPIK Teaching Jobs in South Korea
- Hits: 1812
GEPIK is the Gyeonggi English Program in Korea. Gyeonggi province is the most populated province in South Korea wit ha population around 23 million people. . Each year GEPIK hires approximately 2000 native English speakers for jobs around Gyeonggi province. Gyeonggi province is often referred to as Gyeonggi-do (the "do" means province or state in Korean).
Here is some basic information about GEPIK:
- the GEPIK program is run by the Gyeonggi Ministry of Education
- each school in Gyeonggi province hires teachers independently
- the GEPIK program administrators officially select Korean licenced recruiters to staff teaching jobs with the schools.
- the individual schools contact the officially selected recruiting agencies to get their teachers
- if you apply through multiple recruiters for a teaching job with GEPIK you will likely be rejected on the basis of multiple applications which causes confusion for the schools and administration so pick the recruiter you want to work with and go with them. Touch4Teaching is an affiliate company of Footprints Recruiting and we are an officially selected recruiter to staff position with GEPIK
- Gyeonggi is the province that surrounds Seoul. Many of the schools and cities that are in Gyeonggi province are connected to Seoul by subway
- There are approximately 11,000 elementary and secondary schools across South Korea and approximately 3800 of these are in Gyeonggi province.
South Korea, Gyeonggi province in particular, is a fantastic destination to teach English for those who are looking to teach Abroad. Teaching English in South Korea provides a great opportunity to save quite a bit of money while enjoying a good lifestyle.